The codex featuring the songs of Catholic sermons was written in Hungary in the middle of the 14th century. It is one of the most important sources of the history of Hungarian music. The Ottoman-Turkish army brought it to Istanbul from Buda in 1526 together with the books of the Corvina Library. When Sultan Abdülaziz (in 1869) and Abdülaziz II (in 1877) gave most of the Corvinae back to Hungary, it was not included, thus stayed at the Topkapi Palace. The famous codex was restored by Hungarian experts in the early 2000s in Istanbul, where it is kept. The Istanbul Antifonale, dating to around 1360, was published by the Academy Publishing House in 1999.