The first Austro-Hungarian artillery units arrived in the Ottoman Empire in the fall of 1915. These forces were used first in the Battle of Gallipoli and later at the Palestinian Front, while several Hungarian soldiers died during battles or in Istanbul due to sickness. Besides the Feriköy Catholic Cemetery, a number of them were buried in the Üsküdar Cemetery. In the 1960s, as the expanding city reached the borders of the cemetery, a part of it was destroyed, and the Hungarians buried here were moved to the German Military Cemetery situated in the summer residency of the Germans. These eight Hungarian soldiers have rested here since then.