The army of Sultan Suleyman entered Buda on 12th September 1526 after the Battle of Mohács. Grand Vezir Ibrahim Pasha put the statues of the royal palace, the Corvina Library and the golden and silver pieces of the churches of Pest and Buda on ships. The ships departed on 25th September and reached Istanbul by the end of the year through the Balkans. Two candlesticks that were shipped were placed in Hagia Sophia where they considered them as trophies from Buda. The Rodosto Foundation from Budapest made copies of these candlesticks and donated them to the Mathias Church in Buda in 2005.