hu
TR
EN

Hungarian Artefacts in the Museum of Military History

The first museum including Ottoman weapons, known as the Sultan Museum, was opened in Hagia Eirene church Although other artefacts were moved away from here, the collection of weapons remained at this location until the end of World War II. Finally they were placed into their current location, the former Military Academy Gymnastic Hall (Harbiye Mektebi Jimnastikhane) in 1959. The collection was enlarged and modernized in recent decades. The current collection features the busts of Richárd Guyon and György Kmetty as well as the leather drums which were used by the Turkish forces during the Battle of Mohács.

E-mail:macarkulturmerkezi@mfa.gov.hu