hu
TR
EN

Budapest Avenue

After the closure of the Constantinople Hungarian Science Institute in 1918, the Institute of Hungarology opened as part of the Ankara University in 1936, in line with the wishes of Mustafa Kemal. The institute had famous researchers as fellows such as László Rásonyi or Tibor Halasi-Kun. During the following decades, the institute became more and more a part of the hierarchy of the university, and is currently called the Hungarology Department within the Faculty of Languages, History and Geography.

E-mail:macarkulturmerkezi@mfa.gov.hu